The Rebilly WordPress plugin allows you to accept payments, sell subscriptions, and build membership sites with no developer experience required. To get started, you will need a Rebilly account and a WordPress website.
- Our plugin is currently in beta testing and not yet available in the WP store. Download the most recent version
- Navigate to your WordPress admin and log in.
- In Wordpress, go to plugins > add new > upload plugin > select the file > install now.
- Once installed, the Rebilly plugin will be visible in the left navigation bar.
First, update the plugin settings to connect your Rebilly account.
- Open the Rebilly plugin in the left hand navigation bar and then open the settings.
- You will need your secret and publishable API keys for your Rebilly account. Navigate to app.Rebilly.com and go to automations > integrations > custom integrations > API keys > add API key. Generate 2 keys, one secret and one publishable.
- Navigate back to your WP site and enter the keys.
- Select your website and then indicate whether you are connecting your sandbox or live environment.
- When finished, save your changes.
The plugin allows you to build 3 types of forms.
- Subscription - is used as a checkout form for your one-time, subscription, or membership product. In order to create a subscription form, you need at least one product and pricing plan in Rebilly.
- Log in - allows members to log in and see gated content.
- Add payment card - allows members to add a new payment instrument.
- Open the Rebilly plugin and then click into forms > add new.
- Select a form type from the dropdown.
- Adjust the settings. Note: When creating a checkout page for a membership product, the enable signup must be set to yes.
- Use the form builder to create your form. Click the plus button next to the Rebilly logo in the form builder to see the available elements. Build your own or start with one of our preset forms.
- Use the style editor to edit the look and feel.
- Publish your form or save as draft when you are finished.
Navigate to a new or existing page and click on the plus icon to add a block. You will see Rebilly forms as blocks you can embed in your pages. Your form settings will display in the column on the right hand side of the page.
Or, embed your checkout form on your website using WordPress shortcodes.
There are 2 types of Rebilly pages you can add to a page:
- Invoices - this page displays the invoice history for a customer. They can see paid or past due invoices on their account.
- Subscriptions - this page displays all the current and past subscriptions for a customer. They have the option to cancel an active subscription.
Adding a Rebilly portal adds a billing portal where customers can update their payment settings by updating the expiration date, selecting a new default payment instrument, or delete a payment instrument.
On any page, you can enable Rebilly content protection, which allows you to restrict access to only subscribers of a product or specific members. View and edit the message non-members receive if they land on a members only page under your rebilly plugin settings > messages.