Use blocklists to prevent fraud and criminal activity. Blocklists are lists of customer attribute values that are blocked from buying from you. For example, if a customer attempts to make a purchase from you with a credit card or fingerprint that is in a blocklist, the transaction is blocked and will not be processed.
Before a new transaction is processed in Rebilly, blocklists are examined to check for attributes related to the entity. If a match is detected, the operation is aborted.
Rebilly provides the following blocklist attributes:
- Customer IP address: IP address of the customer making the purchase.
- Customer email: Email address of the customer making the purchase.
Customer ID: Rebilly
customerIdof the customer making the purchase.
- Payment card: Payment card number being charged.
- Payment card BIN: The Bank Identification Number (BIN) of the payment card being charged.
- Device fingerprint: A string holding information about the software and the device used by the customer making the purchase.
- Country: Country where the customer is making the purchase, and of the payment card billing address.
- Address: House number and ZIP code of the customer's address.
Create a blocklist
This process describes how to create a blocklist for a specific email address. All actions and events associated with this email address will not be processed in Rebilly for a set period of time, or permanently if you choose it.
- In the left navigation bar, click Automations , then click Blocklists .
- Click Emails , then click Add blocklist item .
- In the Email field, enter the email address that you want to block.
TTL (Time to Live)
- To create a temporary entry, enter a value in seconds.
To create a permanent blocklist, enter
0or leave this field blank.
- Click Save blocklist item .
View active blocklists
- In the left navigation bar, click Automations .
- Click Blocklists .
Create event based blocklists
To automatically add customer attributes to blocklists when specific events occur, see Blocklist actions.