This topic describes how to add a payment gateway account to Rebilly.
If you are experimenting with the product in the sandbox environment, a test gateway account is already applied. Skip this process.
To complete this process, you must have payment gateway account credentials.
- Log in or sign up to Rebilly.
- Select an environment: In the left navigation bar, in the bottom corner, click your initials and then select Sandbox or Live environment.
- In the left navigation bar, click Settings , then click Gateway accounts .
- Click Add Gateway Account .
- Select a gateway account.
- In the Gateway Account ID field, enter a unique alphanumeric value. Use a value that is recognizable in your reports. This ID is used in other configuration screens, and is how this account is referenced within the API.
- Enter your gateway account credentials.
- Select a payment method.
- Optionally, configure advanced gateway settings .
- Click Save gateway account .
- Perform test transactions . For applicable gateways, to test that your credentials are correct, at the top of the screen, click the Check credentials .
IPN is a message service that automatically notifies merchants on transaction events. It is used to automate office administrative functions, including automatically fulfilling orders, and providing customers with order status.
Payment gateways use static or dynamic IPNs. Static IPNs must be configured within the gateway's user interface, or in some cases, they may need to be set by your account manager. Dynamic IPNs are pre-configured and do not require any further action. If you are unsure whether your payment gateway uses static or dynamic IPNs, contact your gateway account manager.
All static IPNs have the following structure:
If your preferred gateway is not listed, send Rebilly an integration request. Rebilly will complete a new integration at no cost.