Dynamic currency conversion (DCC) allows the customer to be billed in the original transaction currency or the customer’s native currency.
- Shift currency conversion fees off your customer's cardholder billing statement.
- Shift some profit from the conversion to you, away from your customer's bank.
- Increase conversion rates in scenarios where eligible for DCC.
Dynamic currency conversion is both an advanced and a premium feature of Rebilly and comes at additional costs. Please contact your account manager for details.
Markup is configured per gateway account in basis points, which are 1/100th of a percent. 250 basis points is the same as 2.50 percent. The available currencies to convert to are determined by the list of currencies associated with the gateway account. You can also configure if any of those currencies should be excluded from presenting a DCC offer.
A DCC Offer is made when:
- a gateway account selected for the payment has DCC enabled;
- and the cardholder’s BIN is associated with a different currency than the payment currency;
- and the cardholder’s BIN is associated with a currency that is in the list of available currencies for the Gateway Account but - not in the DCC excluded currencies list;
- and it is not a recurring transaction where the cardholder is not present at the device to interact with the offer.
The markup is calculated from the gateway account configuration and today’s prevailing spot price of the currency.
A DCC Offer utilizes the offsite payments flow. This flow requires the customer to visit an “approval url” where the DCC Offer is presented.
Before a customer completes the selection, the outcome is
unknown. When a customer completes the selection, the customer may take the suggested currency or retain the original currency, and the outcome is
DCC information is available if you enable the columns from within any transaction data table.
You can enable the grid fields by toggling the columns you wish to see. The markup is always translated to US Dollars.